Thursday, October 3, 2024

IDO GAL RAZON, FORMER IDF SOLDIER: The whole building crumbles in front of you. Your friends get dismembered. You get hit. You yourself get injured! Your body is broken but you get out by some miracle

WARNING: This testimony is almost 9 years old, published on November 29, 2015, testifying on his own behalf of injuries and war horror he witnessed and experienced in Israel's 1996 campaign against Hezbollah in Lebanon.  It is compelling.   

The soldier's name is Ido Gal Razon, a Former IDF Soldier.  Ido was injured in the 1996 assault on Hezbollah in Lebanon in 1996, an operation called "Operation Clear As Wine," or "Operation Grapes of Wrath."  His house was under siege, attacked by "a suicide bomber, four RPG teams, six terrorists under the window lobbying grenades at us.  They shoot us with 0.5 afar."

Here is his full testimony.

My transcripts that follow are from the X post above.

I shout!  I pee at night from post-trauma!  He comes to me and asks" Why did you kill me?" 

The whole building crumbles in front of you.  Your friends get dismembered.  You get hit.  You yourself get injured!  Your body is broken but you get out by some miracle.

So I get a grip and evacuate my team to the tank under fire.  After all this, you don't file an injury report for me?  Who is my casualty officer?  Where is the committee?  Where are they?  Who was supposed to take me to the shell shock unit?  And this is after combat . . .

You used me for battle, fighting alone.  Moshe Tzim, you were the Golani Brigade Commander, right?  

I was the Golani Brigade Commander.

I was also a Golani fighter.  Why won't you treat me?  I killed for you with these hands!  You say, "Terrorists with blood on their hands?"  I killed more than 40 people for you!

I murdered!  So what are you doing here today?  It's been 9 years, and I haven't received even 1% disability status!  Does my mother need to pay everything for me?  Tens of thousands of shekels!  Hundreds of thousands!  What do you think?!  Is that where things stand?  My mother paid the hospital bills for my Gaza injury!  You sued my mother.  I have no injury report.  Who is my casualty officer?  A day later, I find myself out of Golani!  Assigned to MAZI!  I went to MAZI and told them everything.  Mortars, RPGs, suicide bombers, people falling apart . . .  What do they tell me?  You got injured in Golani.  Go to Golani, dear.  Why are you here? Just move on . . . What do you want from us? They send me to another and another unit.  They screw me around, and no one takes responsibility.  No one gives me therapy!  And I complain!  I shout!  I pee at night from post-trauma.  He comes to me and asks, "Why did you kill me?"  Can you function a day after something like this?  Can you eat?  Can you at all succeed in life?  And I was a candidate to be a pilot.  I was selected for Havatzalot intelligence.  I had the highest motivation.  From Golani after basic training, I went to the Naval Commando selections only to contribute, only to give.  Our whole family contributed to the Army.  You are here thanks to us!  Have you got anything else to say?  Because the data you present is rubbish!  You know it and I know it!  And you also know it!  All of you here, the whole system had failed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment