Friday, September 27, 2024

What chemicals are in Starbucks drinks such as pumpkin spice ammonia latte?

Starbucks didn't publish the ingredients for their coffee drinks it was a mystery until I convinced a barista to show me the ingredients from the back of the bottles they were using to make their famous "Spice Lattes."  I found out that here in the United States, Starbucks was coloring their PSL with caramel coloring level 4, an ingredient made from ammonia and linked to cancer by using beta-carotene from carrots to color their drinks.  In the UK after publishing an investigation and widespread media attention, Starbucks removed caramel coloring from all of their drinks in America . . . 

Question: caramel coloring level 4 is ubiquitous in all cola and soda beverages.  Why doesn't she indict Pepsi-Co, Coca-Cola, and others?  Oh, I get it.  

As to the FDA not recognizing any harms from ammonia-sourced caramel food coloring, it's safe to assume that the FDA approves of cancer and is therefore criminally indifferent.  To be honest, the FDA has no legal contract with consumers to regulate what companies actually put in their food.  I will never forget the time that I contacted Muay, a sausage company from Texas to ask if they put MSG in their sausage, which I loved at the time.  Here was their response.  Yes, I got an actual reply: 

No comments:

Post a Comment