Saturday, September 7, 2024

OWEN BENJAMIN: Any business or venue in debt to a bank is controlled and has to do what the banks say. So the next step is finding platforms that will let you on or build your own platform.

This happened to me 5 years ago. Private companies can do this. I legally fought it with Patreon when I was kicked off for that. After 50k in legal fees, I learned that this is legal in America to do.
So the next step is finding platforms that will let you on or build your own platform. Which I’ve done. Same with venues. Any business or venue in debt to a bank is controlled and has to do what the banks say.
So the solution is to have your own land or venue without debt. You can call to action your listeners to chip in. Which is what I’ve done successfully.
Their next move is a slander campaign in media to claim you’re an evil terrible thief. You have to resist that and live as clean and honorable as you can. And just accept that people will leave you because of the slander. It hurts but it happens.
People close to you will be given offers to betray you and slander. This will happen. All it does is reveal who was always going to betray you.
I’m way way way down the chess game at this point. I know your instinct is just to feel like the world is unfair and to complain about it for sympathy. But that doesn’t actually do anything.
This road gets real biblical real quick. And it’s very hard.
If you wanna just stay comfortable and easy. You can do that. Just do your best with whatever you choose.  

Hope that helps! 

No comments:

Post a Comment