Saturday, June 1, 2024

LORI SIMPSON: I won't even allow them to put in an IV because that's how they gave him all of the drugs that he did not consent to

The woman's name is Lori Simpson.  Her husband's name is John. 

I was training the 1980s when they're were standards John was told by the nurses to defecate in the bed.  I was just horrified.  He was double restrained.  He had chemical restraints and physical restraints, and I was certainly taught that that was illegal.  That's not something you can do.  They took away all his dignity.  They just destroyed him as a man.  I said to him if I ever need to go to the hospital for a trauma or whatever, that would be the only reason I would go,  these are the things I won't accept.  I won't even allow them to put in an IV because that's how they gave him all of the drugs that he did not consent to.  They would just come in and say hey this is for this or that and push it through the IV.  So we are very careful, and there is no way that we would go back if we could avoid it.

So what do you think about all of this what was going on because it's not just your husband.  Absolute countless people having the same story but hardly any making it back home and it's still going on today.

It is still going on.  For us, it was pure evil for pure profit.  We had really good insurance because it was my insurance through Healthcare and they probably . . . from what I can see so far I had $1.8 million paid to them for John, and I think because he didn't die they were out of bonuses and so that's why they eventually discharged him.  And when they discharged him, his CO2 was high.  He had pneumonia on discharge.  He was so weak he couldn't even pick up his foot if a sheet was on it, and certainly he couldn't walk.  He was fully dependent on discharge.

And he had to go back into the hospital you said so what we're not 

He did.  He was discharged with pneumonia, so his stats were very low and I had to call the ambulance again.  I thought I was having an equipment failure.  He was on trach collar oxygen and nasal cannula oxygen, and I thought the trach that the concentrator had broken.  But actually it was him, and he was diagnosed with a hospital actually Hospital acquired pneumonia.  He went to a different hospital.  But I had sent him to an urgent care near us, and they wouldn't come out and talk to me because they were reading the notes from the first hospital that was talking about how violent I was.  I was always respectful, didn't even talk to the nurses.  Never got calls from doctors unless they wanted to do something to him, and then it was always a threat: do this or make him a DNR, a Do Not Resuscitate.  He had multiple pneumo thoraxes.  We took him to the you the ER to put one chest tube in the middle of the night.  He had pneumonia 2 days later.  The ER is a very dirty place in a hospital.  It's not where you should do that type of procedure.

Make sure you have an advocate.  Make sure you have advanced directives.  Make sure everything is spelled out.  I think that John did not get Remdesivir only because we had everything in writing.  When I looked at his lab values and everything else they did to him to orchestrate to getting him on the vents, he shouldn't be here but he is.  

No comments:

Post a Comment