Tuesday, August 22, 2023

"I do not 'follow my passion.' I bring it with me"

"The S.W.E.A.T. Pledge"

(Skill & Work Ethic Aren't Taboo)

1.  I believe that I have won the greatest Lottery of all time.  I am alive.  I walk the earth.  I live in America.  Above all things, I am grateful. 

2.  I believe that I am entitled to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.  Nothing more.  I also understand that happiness and the pursuit of happiness are not the same thing.  

3.  I believe there is no such thing as a "bad job."  I believe that all jobs are opportunities and it's up to me to make the best of them.

4.  I do not "follow my passion."  I bring it with me.  I believe that any job can be done with passion and enthusiasm.

5.  I deplore debt, and do all I can to avoid it.  I would rather live in a tent and eat beans than borrow money to pay for a lifestyle I can't afford.

6.  I believe that my safety is my responsibility.  I understand that being in "compliance" does not necessarily mean I'm out of danger.

7.  I believe the best way to distinguish myself at work is to show up early stay late and cheerfully volunteer for every crappy task there is.

8.  I believe the most annoying sounds in the world are whining and complaining.  I will never make them.  If I am unhappy in my work, I will either find a new job or find a way to be happy.

9.  I believe that my education is my responsibility and absolutely critical to my success.  I am resolved to learn as much as I can from whatever source is available to me.  I will never stop learning and understand that library cards are free.

10.  I believe that I am a product of my choices--not my circumstances I will never blame anyone for my shortcomings or the challenges that I face.  And I will never accept the credit for something I didn't do.

11.  I understand the world is not fair, and I'm okay with that.  I do not resent the success of others.

12.  I believe that all people are created equal.  I also believe that all people make choices.  Some choose to be lazy.  Some choose to sleep in.  I choose to work my butt off.

On my honor, I hereby affirm the above statements to be an accurate summation of my personal worldview.  I promise to live by them.


No comments:

Post a Comment