Tuesday, October 8, 2024

PAUL SALADINO: What’s really in the food at Chick-fil-A?

I stopped eating at Chick-fil-A 4 years ago.  And given their ingredients list and how bad they are for you, it's pretty clear the fact that they're closed on Sundays to commemorate God's rest on the 7th day is a marketing gimmick to help you honor a company that serves frankenfood every other day of the week. 

That's a gimmick born of childhood discipline.  We say our prayers before a meal, before bed, at church, and in confession.  These food corporations, bought out a few decades ago by the tobacco industry, know how to manipulate shoppers into buyers.  I was one.  Chick-fil-A's Christian associations sold me or at least intrigued me.  And when I first tried their chicken sandwich, I was sold.  

I stopped eating at Panda Express 3 years ago after ordering a chicken and beef dish cooked in soybean oil that just had my stomach doing very tight somersaults.  I phoned it in.  I asked, "What do you cook your food in?"  The Panda Express didn't know and had to check.  At least she was cooperative and wanted to know herself, which was helpful to me.  The answer came back, "Soybean oil."  Ah, another dastardly seed oil.  These seed oils are everywhere and cause horrible inflammation in the gut, kidneys, lungs, liver, et al. 

I stopped eating at Chipotle 10 years ago.  I ate there a total of three times and each time I got sick.  I had a chicken burrito with beans and sour cream and just destroyed my stomach.

I stopped eating at McDonald's 10 years ago.  The last food item I ordered there was a Double Cheeseburger, but the meat was so soggy, like it wasn't even meat.  It was manly seed oils made with something unrecognizable.  And the flavor, too, frightened me.  I couldn't eat the burger, a food that I had cherished since a kid when they cooked their fries in beef tallow and cooked their 100% beef in beef tallow.   I can't even drink their coffee anymore, it's so bad.  And the fact that there are so many microplastics in the cup lining.  So even if the coffee is any good, or if the coffee is harmless, you're still getting sick from the microplastics in the container.  It's a no-win situation.

Getting a breakfast at any local diner outside of a chain, like Denny's or something, is also fraught with explosive landmines, again because of the seed oils.  There are accumulative effects from these seed oils.  But their food is either cooked it in soybean oil, canola oil, corn oil, or safflower oil, and they think that they're doing this to render their recipes healthy.  It makes them poison. 

No comments:

Post a Comment