Friday, November 19, 2021

1877: ". . . I believe . . . vaccination to be the most absurd and pernicious [of the medical dogmas]."

 

In case it's difficult to read, I offer this,

All fallacies classified as science must crumble before investigation.  Such has been the fate of all the pretentious theories of earlier medicine, and such is the predestined end of the delusive hypothesis upon which are based many of the medical dogmas of today. 

Of these dogmas, I believe the practice known as vaccination to be most absurd, and most pernicious.  I do not believe that a single person has ever been protected from smallpox by it; while I know that many serious bodily evils and even deaths have resulted from it its employment. 

Although I had often seen bad results following vaccination, I never questioned the authority of the books regarding its prophylactic power till my attention was specially directed to the subject in 1872.  I had been appointed on a committee to prepare a report on “Smallpox and Vaccination” for a medical society to which I belonged.  Since then, facts and figures have accumulated, in my hands, to such an extent as to compel me to come out squarely against vaccination. 

Who was Robert A. Gunn, M.D.?  He's the author of a book titled, Vaccination: Its Fallacies and Evils, 1877.  In searching for biographies on Robert A. Gunn, M.D., it was remarkable to find so many anti-vaccination books, most recently one titled Vaccines: The Biggest Medical Fraud in History, Trung Nguyen, Eleanor McBean, Sue Martson, and Idea Honorof, October 2021.  

Just check out these other titles.  Incredible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment