Thursday, August 22, 2024

Harry Fischer: Boots on the ground in medical hell

Real paramedic experience, recent convo: PARAMEDIC/ME: We don’t put cloth masks on asthma patients who are wheezing and working to breathe. That's so stupid.

RN: In my ER, we do. I don’t want them spreading Covid!

PARAMEDIC/ME: That’s harming people. I will never let you put a mask on someone having an asthma attack! RN: You’re just a paramedic, you’re basically a tech!

PARAMEDIC/ME: You have techs. I’m paid far more than a tech and I can do things you’re not allowed to do. Like intubate and make my own decisions. RN: I will not let someone harm my ER with COVID!

PARAMEDIC/ME: You are an idiot for placing a mask on someone wheezing! You're harming people! ___________ We had a very heated discussion. These people are insane. If you’re working to breathe. I’m not going to put cloth over your face. Duh. That’s how crazy this is. God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment