Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Tumeric Tackles Cancer and Other Ailments

I have been incorporating tumeric into my desserts.  I sprinkle some on my plain yogurt and add a diced Granny Smith apple or pineapple.  In the last few days, I've been getting significant amounts of tumeric in my diet and system.  I've been supplementing with tumeric as well.  And I am not sure whether it in combination with the fish oils is providing my overall sense of well-being and minor weight loss and lighter feelings in my lower legs, but I believe that this stuff is 80 to 90% responsible for my increased energy.  Yee-haw!!  What I have noticed is that it wakes up my digestive system and intestines.  I feel a lot more energy in my got that registers down through my legs and up through my chest.  I like the effect.  I will continue with tumeric for as long as I benefit from it.  One last word, the tumeric seems to have a stimulating effect on my thyroid.  Would be nice if it could restore my thyroid.  One day at a time . . . one day at a time.

turmeric
 Here is a list of the health benefits of tumeric.  You will be amazed.

Natural anti-inflammatory.
Natural anti-biotic (so is garlic).
Natural anti-septic.
Natural analgesic.
Speeds up wound healing.
Improves digestion.
Blood purifier.
Strengthens ligaments.
Skin tonic.
Helps coughs.
Improves asthma
Anti-arthritic
Slows progression of MS.

Benefits of Tumeric

Helps prevent gas/bloating.
Lowers cholesterol.
Heals stomach ulcers.
Improves skin conditions
(psoriasis, eczema, etc.)
Helps prevent cancer (breast, prostate, skin, colon, lymphoma, leukemia)
Prevents progression of Alzheimer's
Aids in fat metabolism and weight management
Reduces side effects of chemotherapy.

A recent article over at Natural News covers some of the benefits of tumeric.  It seems like tumeric's greatest or most intense benefit is its capacity to turn off cancers.  Author, Simard, points out that tumeric reduces" Mucosal ulceration, thickening of the intestinal walls or the emergence of inflammatory cells [in lab rats]. Researchers aren't sure how this process occurs but they suspect curcumin hinders the activity of a cellular inflammatory component named NF kappa-B."

For more evidence that tumeric causes colon cancer cells to self-destruct, see this

No comments:

Post a Comment